Incline Village, Nevada is a mountain biking paradise. With its stunning scenery, challenging trails, and mild climate, it’s no wonder that the area is home to some of the best mountain biking in the world.
Incline Village and its surroundings boast a diverse array of trails that cater to riders of every level. From the breathtaking views of the Flume Trail to the adrenaline-fueled descents of Tyrolean Downhill, these trails offer unforgettable experiences that showcase the natural splendor of the Sierra Nevada mountains. Whether you are a seasoned rider seeking an adrenaline rush or a beginner exploring the wonders of mountain biking, the trails around Incline Village are sure to provide you with a thrilling adventure amidst nature’s embrace.
Here are a few of the best mountain biking trails around Incline Village:
- The Incline Flume Trail: This is a must-do for any mountain biker visiting the area. The trail follows an old flume line that was used to transport water to a nearby mining town. The trail is mostly singletrack, with some easy doubletrack sections. The views from the trail are incredible, and the trail is a great way to experience the beauty of the Lake Tahoe region.
- Snap Dragon Trail: Perfect for families and beginners, the Snap Dragon Trail offers a fun and less demanding ride with gentle slopes and wide-open paths. The trail meanders through serene forests and wildflower meadows, making it an excellent choice for riders seeking a leisurely day outdoors. While Snap Dragon may be less challenging than other trails in the area, its natural beauty and accessibility make it a popular option for riders of all ages and abilities.
- Tunnel Creek Trail: This is another great trail that offers stunning views of Lake Tahoe. The trail is mostly singletrack, with some rocky sections. The trail is a bit more challenging than the Incline Flume Trail, but it’s still a great option for intermediate riders.
- Tahoe Rim Trail: Stretching approximately 165 miles around Lake Tahoe, the Tahoe Rim Trail encompasses various sections catering to different skill levels. The Incline Village segment offers riders an extraordinary combination of pine forests, alpine meadows, and rocky descents. The trail’s accessibility allows bikers to choose sections that match their expertise, making it an excellent destination for both beginners and seasoned riders seeking a full-day adventure. Notable highlights include the sweeping views of the lake and the surrounding mountains, providing an unparalleled sense of serenity while navigating the rugged terrain.
- Marlette Lake and Chimney Beach Loop: This is a longer loop trail that offers a variety of terrain. The trail starts out on singletrack, then climbs up to Marlette Lake. From the lake, you can take a side trail to Chimney Beach, which is a great place to stop for a break and enjoy the views. The trail then descends back to the trailhead on doubletrack.
- Folsom Camp Loop – Tyrolean Downhill: This is a great trail for intermediate riders who are looking for a challenge. The trail starts out on singletrack, then climbs up to Folsom Camp. From the camp, you can take a side trail to the Tyrolean Downhill, which is a steep and technical descent. The trail then descends back to the trailhead on doubletrack.
- Relay Peak Trail: This is a challenging trail that offers stunning views of the Lake Tahoe region. The trail is mostly singletrack, with some rocky sections. The trail is a great option for advanced riders who are looking for a challenge.
- Wood Creek Trail: This is a great trail for beginners and families. The trail is mostly doubletrack, with some easy singletrack sections. The trail is a great way to get started in mountain biking, or to enjoy a leisurely ride with the family.
These are just a few of the many great mountain biking trails around Incline Village. With so many trails to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect one for your skill level and experience.
Tips for Mountain Biking in Incline Village
- Be prepared for the weather: The weather in the Lake Tahoe region can change quickly, so it’s important to be prepared for anything. Bring layers of clothing, sunscreen, and a hat.
- Start early: The trails can get crowded later in the day, so it’s best to start early. This will also give you a chance to beat the heat.
- Be aware of your surroundings: The trails around Incline Village are shared with hikers, runners, and other bikers. Be sure to be aware of your surroundings and yield to other users.
- Have fun! Mountain biking is a great way to enjoy the outdoors and get some exercise. So relax, have fun, and enjoy the beautiful scenery.